Railway Ticket Refund Calculator
Indian railway is the most loved medium of traveling for Indian peoples and affordable too. We can book a train ticket either from IRCTC website/app or Reservation counter. Some time due to some unfavorable reason we need to cancel the tickets and get refund of booking amount. Refund is depend upon certain conditions. We have designed a Refund calculator. You take fill some information and get how much will be refund to you if you cancel the ticket.
Indian Railways Train Ticket Cancellation, Refund Rules & Charges
RAC/ Wait-listed Tickets
|Classes||48 hours before||Between 48 and 12 hours||Between 12 and 4 hours||Up to 30 minute before|
|AC 1st Class/Executive Class||Rs. 240 + 12 (GST)||25% or Rs. 240 + GST , whichever is higher||50% or Rs. 240 + GST, whichever is higher||Rs. 60 + 3 (GST)|
|AC 2 Tier/First Class||Rs. 200 + 10 (GST)||25% or Rs. 200 + GST, whichever is higher||50% or Rs. 200 + GST, whichever is higher||Rs. 60 + 3 (GST)|
|AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy||Rs. 180 + 9 (GST)||25% or Rs. 180 + GST, whichever is higher||50% or Rs. 180 + GST, whichever is higher||Rs. 60 + 3 (GST)|
|Sleeper Class||Rs. 120||25% or Rs. 120, whichever is higher||50% or Rs. 120, whichever is higher||Rs. 60|
|Second Class||Rs. 60||25% or Rs. 60, whichever is higher||50% or Rs. 60, whichever is higher||Rs. 30|
Note 1: 25% or 50% is the percent of the Ticket Amount.
Note 2: GST Charges would be 5% of cancellation amount (applicable on all AC Classes).
1. For Confirmed Tickets - If a person cancels the confirmed train ticket 48 hours before the scheduled time of departure of the train, the charges for cancellation are –
1. AC Ist Class or Executive class – Rs. 240 + 12 (GST) = 252
2. AC Tier 2/ Ist Class – Rs. 200 +10 (GST) = 210
3. AC Tier 3/ AC Chair Car/ AC 3 Economy – Rs. 180 + 9 (GST) = 189
4. Sleeper Class – Rs. 120
5. Second Class – Rs. 60
* The above train ticket cancellation charges are imposed on per passenger basis.
If the confirmed ticket of the passenger is cancelled within a period of 48 hours or up to 12 hours before the train is scheduled to depart: In the above-mentioned case the train ticket cancellation charges will be 25% of the fare subjected to the minimum flat rate.
If confirmed ticket is cancelled up to 4 hours and less than 12 hours before the train is scheduled to depart: In the above mentioned case, the train ticket cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare subjected to the minimum flat rate.
* E-ticket cannot be cancelled after chart preparation.
2. For RAC/Wait-listed Tickets - You can cancel your RAC (reservation against cancellation) train tickets or wait-listed train tickets up to 30 minutes before the departure of train.
(i) Second class: Rs. 30.
(ii) Other classes: Rs. 60
If the train is marked as "CANCELLED" in PRS due to breaches, floods, accidents etc. full refund is permissible in case the ticket is cancelled within three days of the scheduled departure of the train. In case of e-tickets, such cancellations can be done by the customer through Internet.
3. For Confirmed Tatkal Tickets - No refund will be granted for Confirmed Tatkal ticket.
4. For Tatkal waitlisted/RAC Tickets - Rs. 60 + 3 (GST applicable on All AC Classes) = 63.
For More information and complete details you can download Offcial PFD Chart of Indian Railway Refund rules from link given below.